Thursday 28 February 2013

Introducing our new teacher, Suzi



Please welcome Suzi to the Glamorgan Kindergarten team of Teachers.



A little bit about Suzi:

"I was born in Otahuhu, Auckland, the youngest of three daughters. We moved to Tauranga when I was a toddler and later to Wellington as a teenager where I trained in Early childhood.  I then travelled extensively working and living in Australia, England and the Solomon Islands.
 
I have been involved in early childhood for over the last twenty years.  I have worked in kindergartens, home-based education as a co-ordinator liaising closely with Child Youth and Family and as a tutor for P.O.R.S.E.   Several years ago I was a senior teacher for Auckland Kindergarten Association and a professional development facilitator for Auckland Collage of Education, now Auckland University.
 
Somewhere in the midst of this I spent three years completing my counselling qualifications. This compliments my teaching role well.
 
I began teaching at Stanmore Bay Kindergarten in term four 2010 after a big move from the Bay of Plenty.  Now I live in Manly and love my life here and being part of the community.  I am passionate about creating healthy, vibrant  sustainable communities and look forward to a partnership that involves children and families.
 
On a personal note I have four children, Hamish and my 3 grandsons, 2, 4 and 6 who live in Wellington, Simon who lives in Manly, Amanda who lives in Melbourne and Jules who is currently studying with Mighty River Power.  I think I am experiencing the 'empty nest syndrome'!  I have a fabulous dog called Chimo who is my constant companion and the love of my life.  I am passionate about travel and adventure." 

Suzi will be job sharing with Chrissy while she is conducting her post graduate study.  We are so happy to have her working alongside us.   Please introduce yourself when you get a chance.




2 comments:

  1. Hi there partner!
    Good to have you and your wealth of experience on board!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzi,
    Welcome. We are so lucky to have you
    teaching at the Kindy. Look forward to meeting you.
    Samantha Rutledge (Katie's mum)

    ReplyDelete